Camp sites in Uganda- Camping Safaris in Uganda
Self Drive Safaris are popular within the east African Region and many travelers now day select car rental with rooftop tents for great experiences.
Camping in Uganda is a very exciting encounter to all travelers that transfer to Uganda to experience and enjoy unique budget safari tours in Gorilla Trekking and other safari activities in the various destinations around the country.
This is an outdoor safari activity that involves spending the whole night outside in the gardens/ camping ground. This always takes place in camps, tents, caravans or motor homes.
This is most appropriate for budget travelers looking to enjoy safari adventures around with in the African bush as well as wilderness.
Many lodges/ hotels offer camping sites where travelers can pin their tents to enjoy the overnight. They are safe and secure to accommodate all kinds of travelers.
Camping Sites in Uganda
Many of Uganda’s provided designated campsites. Some may look to be in perfect state. Many designated places for camping in Uganda are found in the following places;
- Apoka UWA bandas
- Kakaine campsite
- Nagusokopire campsite
- MURCHISON FALLS NP
- Campsite at the Delta
- Campsite one/Northern bank
- Campsite at the top of the falls
- Red chilli hide out
QUEEN ELIZABETH NP
- Students centre
- Campsite at channel track one and two
- Ishasha camp site one and two
- BWINDI FOREST
- Buhoma community bandas
- Bwindi view rest camp
LAKE MBURO NP
- Rwonyo camp site
- Leopard camp site
- MGAHINGA NP
- Amajambere cam
FACTORS TO CONSIDER FOR A GOOD CAMPSITE
Camping in East Africa’s wilderness, even within the confines of designated campsites can put your health and safety at risk if not chosen wisely.
Likewise, by being out in the wild, you’re sharing nature with other travelers, locals, and wildlife, so remember to respect your fellow neighbors and preserve the environment.
Here are a few tips and camping best practices to help you and Mother Nature stay safe. When setting up your camp, try to choose a spot that is as flat as possible and at a reasonable distance from game trails and bodies of water.
- Consider buying firewood in advance, otherwise, only collect dead wood. And always extinguish your campfire before going to bed.
- Pack up all of your food, garbage and laundry before you leave your campsite unattended to and avoid unwanted visitors.
- If you’re on an independent game drive, stay in your vehicle at all times. Use a pair of binoculars to get a closer look at the animals.
- To minimize the effects of the ever blossoming East African sun, drink plenty of liquids, apply and re-apply sunscreen and protect your eyes with a pair of sunglasses and some kind of headwear.
Camping Safari Equipment to Uganda
The equipment required for camping while on a safari adventure, some are offered by us and others will be purchased as your doing your shopping include;
||NATURE CONSERVATION ( Not Supplied)
||LIGHTING ( Not Supplied )
|Cooking Gas stove||Tent||Camping Table||Bio-degradable dish||Lantern|
|Cooking Pots and Pans||Ground sheet/ tarp||Table Cloth||Dish Towels||Flash lights/ head lamps|
|Large Bowl||Sleeping Bags||Folding Chairs||Dish cloth/ scrubber||Extra Batteries|
|Cutting Board||Mattress||Wine Opener||Paper Towels||Rechargeable Torches|
|Spatula||Pillows||Screw Opener||Garbage Bags|
|Utensil set (Spoon, fork)|